Thursday, February 16, 2012

Will laugh at farts

I just read a dear friend's blog post about about how he still laughs when someone farts, and I shared in the glee that I'm in that mode of immaturity too.  All the time.

In fact, just a couple weeks ago the kids and I were seated in a small congregation of young scouts and their families, watching proudly as scouts received recognition for their accomplishments.  Proud moments to be had by all.

Until a kid in front of us farted.  It just squeezed itself right out - he didn't even FLINCH.  

Of course it happened on a hard chair, the sound loud enough to resonate through the church gymnasium.  The kids and I immediately burst into the kind of laughter that so badly needs to explode from your gut, yet so badly needs to be hushed.

In those moments, it seems all you can do is cry.

MOM!!! <<smack>>

Amanda may as well have gone up to the front, grabbed a microphone, and announced to each and every individual in the room that her mom had farted.  

Through the tears of stifled giggles, the mortification of assumed guilt, and the pure joy of laughing at someone's fart, I pointed to the offending farter.  And may or may not have smacked her back.  Brandon, on the other hand, pinned it on the wrong kid entirely, which meant I had no one to back up my claim of innocence.

Oh well.  I've realized that I'm so immature sometimes, that even if the world did think I was the one who floated the stinky, it was well worth the laugh it gave me and the kids.  

So let this serve as a warning - if you fart my children and I will giggle incessantly.  Lucky for you, I'll take the blame, for which I won't give a rip.






5 comments:

Bobi Jensen said...

I love it!

Steve said...

Jesus Kim you have such a way with words. That was laugh till the tears run funny. Thanks for sharing, got my day off to a great start!

Eviltwinswife said...

My little princess is the gassiest child alive. It's really a proud moment for her momma when she sneezes and farts at the same time. I just try to ignore the whole ordeal. LOL.

From the Mind of a Madman said...

Whats wrong with some good old fashioned fart humor... right? You should just see how hard my family laughs at granny when she lets one go. Its hilarious..... I guess only for us?

Diana a.k.a. Meme said...

Really, WHO DOESN'T LAUGH? We laugh here till we cry and sometimes even wet our pants!